Director Regulatory Affairs & HSEQ EMEA – Rotterdam
IMCD is an international market leader in the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients. Its result-driven professionals provide market-focused solutions to suppliers and customers across EMEA, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, offering a range of comprehensive product portfolios, including innovative formulations that embrace industry trends.
A publicly-listed Netherlands company listed at Euronext, Amsterdam (IMCD), IMCD realized revenues over €3 Billion in 2020 and currently employs more than 3.000 employees in over 50 countries on all continents. IMCD’s dedicated team of technical and commercial experts work in close partnership to tailor best in class solutions and provide value through expertise for more than 40,000 customers and a diverse range of world class suppliers.
About IMCD Group Office: This is a small Group Office acting as global HQ, in Rotterdam (around 90 people) from where the company coordinates and provides strategic advice to the various country businesses. The Director’s position is based here.
Job Title: Regulatory & HSEQ Director EMEA
Reporting into the Director Global Supply Chain, you will lead IMCD’s Regulatory and HSEQ team for the Region, partially based in the group office (4 direct reports) and, in a dual reporting line with the countries, 17 professionals throughout the Region.
Your primary role will be to drive the Group’s RHSEQ policy and to advice business and senior management.
Expected Qualification/Education: Master degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Sciences or equivalent.
Work Experience: 12-15 years of relevant experience in a major company, either as a divisional regulatory director or as the head regulatory of a midsized publicly traded business. Previous Regulatory, Health, Safety, Environment and Quality experience is appreciated. Experience in the chemical or food ingredients industry is a must.
Primary Job Location: Rotterdam, Kop van Zuid.
The Position is responsible for:
• Design, implement, monitor and update Group RHSEQ policies
• Selection, implementation and maintenance of quality systems and standards
• Leading Group RHSEQ Task Force
• Providing RHSEQ advice and support to senior management
• Developing RHSEQ as a competitive advantage for IMCD Group
• Pro-active role to the business
• Assessment and approval of strategic (multi-territory) suppliers
• Supervise, guide, support, promote awareness and coach local RHSEQ managers with the implementation of the company’s RHSEQ policies, procedures and guiding principles
• Provide guidance on legislative and regulation updates, ensuring compliance
• Carry out internal and co-ordinate external RHSEQ audits
Person Profile: Targeted Skills & Capabilities:
• Strong knowledge of international regulations and practices in chemicals and food ingredients businesses is essential; any of the following experiences are considered an asset: agency experience, international working experience in RHSEQ, experience in working with regulatory bodies and industry associations.
• In depth knowledge of global chemical regulations such as REACH, GHS, Dangerous goods, GMP and GDP, HACCP
• Experience in auditing chemical companies
• Execute risk assessments
• Experience with SDS authoring tools and EH&S tools
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative business relationships
• Product stewardship skills
• Good team player
• Drive and positive energy
• Pro-active and hands-on mentality
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is a must
• Travel: Must have the flexibility to travel internationally as required occasionally.
• Being part of a fast-growing international business. You need to like growth and an entrepreneurial culture
• IMCD is an equal opportunity employer
• A competitive salary and benefits package
Get in touch with Lens, Executive Search for further inquiries on +31.20.4623060 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org