Director E-Commerce – Amsterdam
Lens, Executive Search is looking to find a Director E-Commerce for a young and fast growing company.
Our client, a mid sized company in in consumer diagnostics & lab services develops certified medical tests with a team of microbiologists and infectious disease specialists. The past one and a half year our client has witnessed an explosive growth because of the large demand for Covid-19 tests. This has also has caused a much faster development of other product lines and services.
Our client is looking to appoint a Director E-Commerce for its new brand label. The Director will be leading this business unit and will report to the CEO.
This new label and business unit of the company provides consumers certainty about and grip on their own health. It develops, sells and analyses qualitative tests for independent home collection: “You can always count on a reliable, fast and anonymous result”.
How will you make impact?
As Director E-Commerce, you will lead our clients new brand label and take ownership of the complete E-commerce strategy of this business unit. You will be challenged to define and execute an innovative E-commerce strategy. Together with an entrepreneurial team you will take the BU to the next level. Our client strives to embrace change, to learn together, and to inspire. Your role as Director is a key position in the organisation to accelerate growth by getting the most out of their E-commerce and distribution initiatives.
What will you do?
You will develop business models and growth strategies together with the leadership team and establish both short-term results and long-term business strategy.
- Oversee all operational activities, including development, sales, quality & regulatory and operations.
- Assess and expand the revenue generation function to bring in new talent that will further grow the business
- Evaluate and prioritise sales leads and opportunities through account profiling, business networking, and market penetration strategies·
- Manage large customer relationships.
How will you get There?
The ideal candidate has experience as Director in the field of E-Commerce and enjoys working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
Besides that, you have:
- 7-10 years’ experience in an (international) E-Commerce role preferably with emphasis on healthcare, digital health or laboratory diagnostics.
- Experience with developing a successful large scale online B2C service
- MSc degree in health, life sciences or economics
- Ability to craft and execute a business strategy
- Relevant network
- Proven ability to build external partnerships and relationships to drive referrals
- Inspirational leadership style and hands-on approach
- Command of the Dutch and English Language. German is beneficial.
What our client offers:
- An innovative, fast-paced working environment
- New office in a life science hotspot in Amsterdam
- Competitive salary with a 13th month.
- Bonus scheme
- Solid pension plan
- Flexible work hours with work-from-home options
- Growth opportunities (personal development, internationalisation)
- Commuter benefit, laptop and phone